- In the Press
Economic Democracy: a General Schedule for the District
First Round of Neighborhood Assemblies - September/October 2012
- At public meetings in each district, councilmembers presented information on the budget funds, and residents brainstormed project ideas and volunteered to be budget delegates.
Delegate Orientations - October 2012
- Community members that volunteered to be delegates at the assemblies learned about the budget process, project development, and key spending areas, then formed committees.
Delegate Meetings - October 2012 - March 2013
- Delegates are meeting in committees to transform the community’s initial project ideas into full proposals, with support from councilmember staff and other experts.
Participatory Budgeting Expo - March 2013
- Delegates will present their project proposals to the community and answer questions.
Voting - March/April, 2013
- Residents will vote on which projects to fund at voting locations in the district.
Evaluation, Implementation & Monitoring - April 2013 onwards
- Delegates and other participants will evaluate the process then continue to meet and oversee the implementation of projects.